December 27, 2015 12:00 AM | by Heba Abohemed
10 Health Benefits of Thyme Herb You Never Knew
Thyme is my all-time favorite herb; I find it quite tasty, especially when I add it to Labneh or to my favorite Halloumi sandwich. It also adds a very special and delicious aroma to chicken and meat. Also, did you know that boiling thyme and drinking its water is very healthy and beneficial to the human body? Actually thyme has many health benefits that you didn’t know about, so find out about the 10 health benefits of thyme herb:
1. Thyme helps lower high blood pressure, and the best way to use it is to replace salt in your food with thyme.
2. Did you know that thyme can cure bad coughs and some cases of lung infections? Thyme is considered a natural antibiotic, that helps your body recover from bad flues and colds. So, drink some thyme water and you’ll get better soon.
3. Thyme contains vitamins C and A, which are very crucial for the immunity of the human body.
4. Thyme also fights Osteoporosis, where your bones become fragile and easy to break. Thyme contains vitamin K, iron, calcium and magnesium.
5. If you suffer from a hair loss condition, use thyme oil to strengthen your hair folliciles and roots.
6. Another great benefit of thyme, is that it fights acne because it is a normal anti-bacterial agent.
7. Thyme protects you from severe digestive problems and prevents constipation. It also protects you from cancer and arteriosclerosis, because it contains high levels of anti-oxidants.
8. The greatest benefit of thyme is that it keeps your digestive system working normally.
9. Thyme is very good for blood circulation; it also protects memory, and memory recall.
10. Last but not least, thyme helps cure urinary tract infections and renal colic - a pain caused by kidney stones, and eventually it dilutes the kidney stones.
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.
Have You Read These?Six Styling Tips for Curvy Women Inspired by Celebrities