January 02, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
11 Benefits of Yoga
When I think of yoga, I imagine a quite room with aroma candles, mats on the floor and women sitting with their legs crossed, eyes closed saying, "Ummmmm." I thought yoga was all about meditation, clearing your head and relaxing.
Reality check. It was only until I went to a yoga session that I realized that there is so much more to yoga. In addition to the meditation, yoga is a full on workout, that you can actually come out of it sweating from all the effort. There are many benefits of Yoga, physical and emotional; it all depends on the types of yoga training that you choose to do, let's start reading more about the benefits of Yoga.
1. Benefits of Yoga for weight lose: There are types of yoga workouts, like power yoga that helps you lose weight and provide you with a cardio workout.
2. Unexpected Benefits of Yoga, Practicing yoga helps reduce stress and anxiety, making you feel more relaxed.
3. If you think you are stiff, yoga can help with the flexibility, especially with your back and shoulders.
4. No more slouching in your chairs, yoga can help improve your posture and reduce back pain.
5. Yoga has been proven to reduce depression.
6. Also from the benefits of Yoga, Since yoga helps with your mood and stress levels, it will also help you sleep better.
7. Benefits of Yoga for motivation, Yoga gives you energy. While at the end of the day we may not have the energy to do anything, a quick yoga session can help you feel fresh and recharged.
8. Yoga can also help your body internally. It stimulates the organs, increasing blood flow and detoxifying your body, Isn't that an amazing benefit of yoga?.
9. Benefits of Yoga for muscles: Yoga tones your entire body and its muscles.
10. Do expect the standing on one leg position as you see in the movies, that establishes great strength and you will feel your body more balanced.
11. Yoga will also teach you the art of meditation, which in turn can help with anxiety and insomnia.