November 07, 2013 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Get the Parisian Night Makeup Look
In my previous post, I wrote to you on how to 'Get the Parisian Morning Makeup Look,' and as promised I am bringing to you the night Parisian makeup look. I was inspired to write this feature after watching the third season of Revenge. You see this girl Charlotte just got back from Paris and she got one hell of a makeover, a Parisian makeover to be specific. The bangs, the style, everything really!
Due to the fact that Parisian morning looks are very pale and pink, they go very bold with colors for a night look.
1. You will start off by applying a layer of foundation, make sure it is the perfect foundation matching your skin tone. Apply the foundation, focusing on the areas where you get more shine, the nose and the cheekbones, then smooth it out evenly.
2. Next step is defining the eyes. For this, use a liquid or gel liner. Don't go for a cat eye, you are just defining your eyes, so go for a slightly thick black line over your eye lids.
3. Now your eyelids. As usual the french use pale colors, so you will go for a a beige eyeshadow, blend it in well to add definition to the eye, and then top it off with a coat of mascara.
4. The lips will either make or break your look. First apply a layer of lip balm, this is a necessary base before the lipstick. You will be using red lipstick, so the trick is to apply it perfectly and make sure it lasts all night long. For precision, use a lipliner of the same lipstick color to outline the boundaries.
5. Finally a dash of blush, literally just a dash. You want to add a subtle color to your cheekbones so you don't look too pale. The trick is to give your cheeks a natural pink to it.
Voila, hit the town at night Parisian style.