April 01, 2014 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
How to Fix Cracked Eyeshadow, Blusher, or Pressed Powder
Makeup products should always be handled with care, but sometimes small accidents happen, like dropping your eyeshadow palette while using it, or opening your makeup bag and finding your powder blusher all shattered. Next time this happens, don't worry, it doesn't mean that your makeup product has expired and it's time to replace it. We'll tell you how to fix cracked eyeshadow, blusher, or pressed powder by following a few simple steps.
What you'll need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Tissue paper
- Butter knife
1. Start by crushing all the cracked powder from the eyeshadow, blusher, or pressed powder container. You can use a butter knife or even a mascara bottle to help you with that process.
2. Now it's time to add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the cracked powder, which is now loose powder, and it shall look like a paste.
3. Use a tissue paper and press lightly with your fingers to smooth out the surface of the loose powder.
4. Wait until it dries completely, you'll know when the cracked powder becomes a solid paste. You can leave the eyeshadow, blusher, or pressed powder container with an open lid overnight to make sure it's set.
5. Your eyeshadow, blusher, or pressed powder shall be ready to be used again, just like it's new.