December 08, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
20 Nail Hacks Every Girl Should Know
A woman's nails should always be primped and perfect, as you can tell a lot about a woman from them. The thing is, nails and nail polishes are a tricky business, but don't worry, with our 20 nail hacks that every girl should know, you will be able to handle your nails no matter what situation you're put in. So, without further a due, here are 20 nail hacks every girl should know. Pretty fingers and manicures here we come!
1. Opening a nail polish bottle can be annoying at times. Wrap a rubber band around the cap of the nail polish to get a better grip.
2. Glitter nail polish can be really tough to remove. However, with this nail hack it will be super easy. Use a light glue as a base coat, and when you want to remove the glitter nail polish, just peel it off using a nail cuticle pusher.
3. Store your nail polish bottles in the fridge. It will keep them fresh and will prevent your nail polish from bubbling up when applying.
4. If you want to apply a neon colored nail polish, apply white nail polish as a base coat, it will give the color the perfect pop.
5. One of the coolest nail hacks is making matte nail polish. Add some eyeshadow powder to clear nail polish and shake it. Apply it as a top coat to your dry nail polish.
6. Ombré manicures are super easy, all you need is a sponge to create an ombré-looking manicure.
7. Another interesting nail hack, is that you can make your very own glitter nail polish. Buy the glitter color you want from an arts and craft store, and pour it into a bottle of clear nail polish. Voila, your own sparkly nail polish.
8. Invest in a small paint brush to tidy up your manicure. Just dip the brush in nail polish remover and clean up the sides of your nails. This is a really cool nail hack, as you can avoid the fuzzy stray hairs you usually get from the cotton swabs.
9. Use bobby pins for the ultimate polka dot nail art.
10. Another fast way to remove glittery nail polish, is by using foil and cotton. Soak the cotton ball in nail polish remover, place it on your nail and wrap the foil around it for a few minutes.
11. Wet your finger tips and your nail clippers before trimming your nails, this will not let the nail fly away.
12. A really important nail hack is getting rid of the yellow stains on your nails from too much nail polish. It is really simple, all you need to do is dipping your fingers in lemon juice for 5-10 minutes, and you will notice a huge difference.
13. Every girl should know how to fix smudged nail polish. Dip a makeup brush in nail polish remover, then very gently go over your smudged nail polish, so you can smooth the smudge and get an even surface, making it blend with the existing nail polish coat. Finish off by applying another coat of nail polish.
14. The nail hack that every girl should know is how to dry her nail polish fast. Either use a blow dryer, but be sure to place it on the cool setting or use a fast drying transparent nail polish coat.
15. Get your nail polish to last longer by using gloves when washing the dishes.
16. Broke one side of your nail? No worries, use nail glue over the chipped nail side, instead of chopping it off and shortening it.
17. When giving yourself a home manicure, protect your cuticles by using Vaseline. That way, if you get nail polish on your cuticles, they won't be affected.
18. Don't use so many cotton balls when removing your nail polish. Just cut the cotton ball into smaller pieces and use each piece on a nail, that way you save you some cotton
19. Always file your nails in one direction, as going back and forth creates friction, which has an impact on your nail's health.
20. Use a piece of tape to nail the perfect french manicure. Apply the tape to your nail and use it as a guideline to make sure you draw the line straight and perfect.
You'll find everything you need to know to make your nails look pretty in our Nails section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!