November 14, 2018 04:31 PM | by Ola Moheb
Life and Money Saving Natural Oils That Beat Any Skincare Alternative
"Do skin products contain no artificial substances that may harm my skin?" This is the question I used to ask myself whenever I thought of buying any ready-made skin care product. After reading many articles and researching about the whole skin care issue for different skin types, I knew that artificial products can't be free of chemicals that may harm the skin. Accordingly, I made the decision of using natural extracted oils only. It's been 4 years already since I took that decision, and I'm so happy and satisfied with its results I got so far. That's why I decided to share my experience with substituting artificial skin care products with 100% natural oils extracted from different plants, and why this is a decision that your future self will definitely thank you for.
Before anything, here are my ABC tips before you decide to pick any of the natural oils that will be mentioned:
- First, you need to know the nature/type of your skin and how it is affected by the seasonal atmosphere factors.
- You also need to discover what your face needs; does it need more vitamins and minerals? Or it needs a lot of refreshment?
- You can mix more than one type of oil together at certain proportions after you know well what oils your face needs the most.
- Do not do facial scrub more than once a week.
- You must rely on 3 to 4 types of oils in total while making sure to use natural recipes for face exfoliation and for your body, too.
Remember that it all depends on your skin type, pick the oil(s) that suits you from what I'll be mentioning down below.
1. Face Cleansers
There are many types of oils and natural soap which mainly help to clean the face while preserving the natural facial oils. For example, there is mint oil soap, Nabulsi soap that is extracted from virgin olive oil, as well as very high quality soap with virgin coconut oil extract. Just make sure to keep away from the types of soap that make foam since this means that they contain a very few amount of natural oils in them.
2. Facial Scrubs
Many oils and natural skin care recipes are available for you to try. For instance, facial honey scrub will give you an amazing result. Not only honey, but also olive oil and sea salt/lemon can form a powerful scrub that will beat the bacteria and increase the freshness and softness of the skin.
3. Face Toners
To soften the skin and eliminate any bacteria or harmful oils, you can rely on one of these natural elements according to your skin type:
- Oily skin: Apple vinegar is the most suitable natural substance for oily skin; all you have to do is add a tablespoon of apple vinegar and a tablespoon of water, and then apply on your face with a clean cotton pad.
- Dry skin: Cucumber juice and rose water are the best for this skin type. Here is how you do it: Mix 3 tablespoons of cucumber juice with 4 tablespoons of rose water then apply gently on your face.
- Combined skin: Apple vinegar with green tea is the most effective in this case; just put 3 tablespoons of apple vinegar with a few drops of green tea and apply the mixture on your face gently.
- Sensitive skin: Put some basil leaves in a pot of boiling water, and then let dry. Put the leaves then in the refrigerator. Afterwards, you can place them on your skin every now and then.
4. Face Moisturizers
One of the best moisturizers I have tried is the virgin coconut moisturizer, which is considered both a facial and full body product.
- Oily skin: Jojoba oil and Shea butter are two of the most effective moisturizers, which can be used on a daily basis for oily skin.
- Dry skin: You can rely on avocado, cucumber and honey as they form the perfect combination that contribute in moisturizing dry skin.
- Combined skin: Many oils such as Shea oil, coconut oil and almond oil can be combined together to obtain the perfect mixture to moisturize combined skin.
- Sensitive Skin: Coconut oil and Shea oil are among the most suitable oils for sensitive skin. You can also rely on honey but you should try it first on a small area of your skin to make sure it will be friendly with your skin since it may lead to irritation of some skin types.
5. Nourishing, Healthy Food
Although there are plenty of oils suitable for the skin, skin care starts with drinking enough water and eating healthy food that contain antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, biotin, vitamins A, C and D which support the growth of skin tissue preserving its freshness and softness.
Main image credits: www.thegoodtrade.com
Got any makeup or skincare questions? ASK FUSTANY can help with that! Post your question, and have makeup artists and skincare experts answer you!