April 29, 2014 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
Fashion Forward Dubai Season 3 - Day 3
Now let’s discuss the third day of Fashion Forward’s third season in depth…
1. House of Ronald’s designs were very flattering to the female body. The collection included a vast selection of crop tops, skirts, dresses, pants and blouses, and we witnessed some interesting and appealing prints as well. Ronald Abdalla’s collection was edgy meets elegant somewhere along the way. We couldn’t pin point the exact inspiration behind the collection, but all in all, we loved the show and we were happy to finally see his designs in reality after following his work for a while now.
2. Let’s focus on one of the positive points when it comes to Zareena’s collection showcased at Fashion Forward, which is the fact that she used a wide range of interesting fabrics.
3. Taking Tahir Sultan’s runway show as a whole, we have to admit that we loved how he synchronized the full look, from head to toe, with the inspiration behind the collection. We could tell that the collection was aimed towards women with a laid-back and cool style, and therefore the color mix. Add to that the dark shade of lipstick and straight sleek hairstyle, which made a great combination. We loved the dresses at Tahir Sultan’s show, especially the ones in black and lighter shades of grey.
4. Moving on to Zayan The Label show, the sweaters were a mix of cute and fluffy meets chic, and we could easily see them being combined with various outfits. Zayan’s collection is easily wearable, whether layered or worn with basics. Another thing we liked about the designs was how well-tailored they were, not to mention the pastel rose and navy blue tones, they were amazing!
5. Last, but most certainly not least was Amato by Furne One’s show. The color burst at this show in addition to the dramatic approach he went for and the way it was choreographed, made it the perfect ending of Fashion Forward’s third season. Then there’s the accessories we’ve seen on the runway, which honestly were hard to miss. They were very bold, artistic and contributed to the designs heavily, which we consider both a pro and a con. The color schemes were very well synchronized, the show started off with blue following it purple, shimmery black, emerald green, red, fuchsia, red again, yellow and it ended with one statement look in gold with many rich details the crowd admired. Our favorite looks? Definitely the ones in emerald green and the golden bodysuit!
1. It was very hard to determine what the exact inspiration behind Zareena’s collection was. The pieces were not related nor going in harmony with one another, to the extent that some of the looks right after one another even clashed a bit. We’ve spotted some geometrical prints in addition to floral embroidery on the runway.
2. We weren’t big fans of the pants designed by Tahir Sultan, as they didn’t flatter the female body in any way. As we mentioned before, he was going for that cool and chilled look, a girl who doesn’t really care what others are saying about her, but the harem inspired pants do more damage to the eyes than give off that laid-back vibe.
3. The moment we entered Zayan The Label’s show it was hard to miss the creative setup with all the mattresses, which left us with a feeling that she was going for a trendy sleep-over inspiration. Having said that and though we loved some of the pieces, we expected much more from Zayan. Some of the looks gave off too much of a pajama vibe and other cuts and prints weren’t flattering.
4. The whole crowd was complaining about the long wait and line of Amato by Furne One’s show. Honestly speaking, it doesn’t make sense to have to wait for a show for around 30-45 minutes without even being seated. It was hard to breathe and the crowds were pushing. What they should have done was arrange several different lines, one for the press, another for the VIP, buyers and a fourth for the guests.
Designer of the Day:
It had to be Amato by Furne One as his show was very entertaining and there wasn’t a single moment of boredom. Dramatic and artistic, that’s how we love it!
Accessories We Loved:
1. The way House of Ronald used something as simple as bobby pins to turn the models’ hairstyles into a funky statement was great.
2. We witnessed some interesting headpieces at Zareena’s show, somewhere between big bowed hair and turbans.
3. Zayan The Label was going for a clear inspiration and the hairstyles she picked for the models, with the cute braids along with the hats with bows and pearls were certainly a nice addition.
4. Amato by Furne One went for bulky accessories full of colors, think headpieces meet earrings. We know they’re not wearable, but they fit in perfectly with the whole theme.
Lesson of the Day: While lots of people might seem to think that the fashion industry is all about the glitz and glam, we beg to differ. It’s not, only a small part of it. Whether you’re a designer, boutique owner, artist or event organizer, it’s hectic just like any other job, if not at times even more, but you know what? At the end, it’s all worth it! It’s great to see your vision come to life. We hope people start realizing that the fashion industry isn’t as shallow as it seems and that there’s so much more to it. Start taking it seriously people!
Photography: Ian Gavan and Stuart Wilson (Getty Images)