November 06, 2013 12:00 AM | by Amira Azzouz
Fashion Tricks on How to Hide Your Belly Fat
Belly fat is a common issue for most of us women, regardless of what body shape we have. With this article I give you a full guide on how to hide your belly fat with some fashion tips and tricks. Have you ever been at a certain event where you had to suck in your belly because you felt the clothes you're wearing are showing off too much fat? Wouldn't it just be better to relax and be yourself? If your answer is yes, then follow these simple steps which will highlight the beautiful things about your body and draw the attention away from your belly.
1. Avoid tight clothes over the belly area! As I just mentioned, it's better to highlight your strengths and draw attention away from your weaknesses, which in that case is the stomach.
2. Layering works like magic when you need to hide your belly fat. If you wear several layers or add a modern jacket that emphasizes a vertical line, your belly fat won't even be noticeable.
3. Stay away from belts as they emphasize your tummy. How about going for a statement necklace instead that will draw the attention elsewhere? I also recommend picking tops and blouses with details around the upper half of the body (shoulders and neck-line) such as ruffles, embroidery, crystals or studs.
4. Draping is great. Go for clothes, whether a top or a dress that is draped over the belly area. Frills are also a brilliant idea to hide your belly fat.
5. Go for darker colors, I'm not just talking about black, but you can explore a bit more with other dark shades as well. If you like to wear prints and patterns, it's totally fine, as long as it's nothing too extravagant.
6. Below the knee dresses are always a great idea, but if you're veiled longer gowns or dresses with draped details around the stomach will also be a good choice. Did I mention Kaftans fit perfectly in that case? Whether it's a Kaftan dress on the beach or an evening gown inspired by the traditional Kaftan shape.
7. Though I'm not a big fan of tunics with leggings underneath, but they do wonders when it comes to hiding your belly fat.
8. A big NO goes out to clingy material, instead go for firmer fabrics that are structured with a little lycra. Pencil skirts perhaps?
9. When it comes to jeans, pick a mid-rise pair as it sits flat on your stomach. Avoid low-waist jeans which would give off a push-up effect to your belly and hence highlighting the belly fat even further.
10. If you're still determined to sport your regular clothes and you're not very much into the fashion tricks mentioned, then I still have two solutions for you. The first one is shape-wear! Shape-wear holds up the tummy and you can wear anything you like on top of it. The second solution would be oversized bags. Why? Basically, oversized bags help focus the attention elsewhere.
Below are a few ideas on what you could wear to hide the belly fat...