July 13, 2020 05:05 PM | by The Fustany Team
30 Important Questions to Ask Yourself Before Ending a Relationship
In any kind of relationship, a breakup doesn't happen suddenly! If you've been going through a hard time with your partner, agonizing about whether to stay or not, just take some time and try to answer these 30 questions before ending a relationship. The answers you seek are within you, and they will guide you to take the right decision. Read on to go through these questions to ask yourself before ending a relationship, but you must know that there is no right or wrong answer; you will only develop insights to determine your next step.
Your answer to these questions don't necessarily mean you should or shouldn't end a relationship, there's just important analysis and conversations to have with yourselves and with each other in order to decide what the best thing to do right now would be.
30 questions to ask yourself before breaking up:
1. What is the main reason you want to breakup with your partner?
2. Is this relationship making you upset more than happy most of the time?
3. Are you always having the same fights with your partner?
4. Is there a way to improve your relationship?
5. Do you spend time to make up after arguments more than having fun together?
6. Is this relationship bringing out the worst in you?
7. Do you keeping remembering how it used to be and wish things go back the same?
8. Are you growing emotionally, spiritually and mentally?
9. Are you happy with your intimate life?
10. Do you share the same goals for the future?
11. What values are you bringing into each other's lives?
12. Are you making too many sacrifices just to make it work?
13. Do you really love your partner or are staying because you're afraid of being alone?
14. How will you feel if you don't end this relationship?
15. Have you thought of how life could be if you ended things with your partner?
16. Are you helping each other become better, or are you making each other take more steps backwards?
17. Do you both see yourselves growing old together?
18. Has your environment together become full of tension and negative energy, most to the time?
19. Does their presence make your happy and at ease or tense and uncomfortable?
20. Do you support each other's personal choices?
21. Where do you see yourself in a couple of years?
22. When did you start doubting your relationship?
23. What made you fall in love with them?
24. Does it genuinely feel like it's over or is it just a hiccup in the road?
25. Should you just take a break, separate for a while, then see how things go?
26. Do you make time for each other?
27. Would you regret it?
28. Are you constantly blaming and resenting each other?
29. What did you learn from this relationship?
30. Why am I staying? OR Why am I leaving?
Main Image Credits: Marriage Story Via IMDb
L.O.V.E, a four letter word with so much more behind it. Explore it all in our Love & Relationships section.