March 06, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Highlights from Paris Fashion Week Fall 2014
Paris fashion week is by far one of the most anticipated fashion events of the year. To break down the long list of the Fall 2014 fashion shows, here are highlights from my personal favourite shows from Paris Fashion Week Fall 2014.
1. Chanel's Fall 2014 fashion show included pretty chain-linked food baskets. Chanel invented a whole new definition of grocery shopping. Not only did Karl Lagerfeld turn bike chains and candies into funky neck accessories, but also he made grocery shopping way more sophisticated. The thing I truly admire about the fashion show, was the model that walked down the catwalk in a classic Chanel suit accompanied with her personal assistant who was carrying her shopping bags.
2. Olivier Rousteing introduced the skirt on pants trend that emerged in 2000 in his Fall 2014 collection at Paris fashion week. For a Balmain maniac like me, I must say the prints, detailing, and figure hugging fabrics and garments were just exceptional. Rihanna was also seated in the front row at Balmain’s fashion show wearing a khaki leather jacket from the latest Balmain Fall 2014 collection.
3. Louis Vuitton's Fall 2014 collection was the first for Nichloas Ghesquière as the label's creative director. After closely witnessing the fashion show, I can say that this Louis Vuitton ready-to-wear collection was just youthful and fresh. The ensembles were exceptionally wearable too. He also revived the iconic Louis Vuitton trunks by presenting the Petite Malle bag.
4. Creative directors Maria Grazia and Pier Paolo put on quite a show at Valentino's Fall 2014 presentation at Paris fashion week. Each and every piece introduced a whole new concept. The floral prints, butterflies and multicoloured polka dots were quite a departure from Valentino’s signature lace, embroidered tulle, and satin gowns.
5. Rihanna, Lupita Nyongo’o and Jared Leto drew all the attention at the front row of Miu Miu Fall 2014 fashion show at Paris fashion week. It’s a definitely a super flirty and fun season for Miu Miu, the show was full of quilted jackets and colourful shoes.