August 16, 2015 | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
DIY Bed Headboard
Do you want to revamp your old bed in your room? Here’s how you can have a brand new bed headboard that suits exactly your taste and without spending too much money.
What you will need to DIY a bed headboard:
A frame made of wood
A cheap plain fabric
A nice fabric with the a nice pattern
1. Measure your bed width. For example if your bed width is 120 cm then you will need a frame with a 120 cm width, and at least 80 cm in length. You can buy the wood from any nearby carpenter and you ask him to put together the wood into a frame for you to take home.
2. Next thing you need to make your own bed headboard is two pieces of fabric slightly larger in size than the wooden frame. In reference to the 120cm headboard, then you’ll need a piece of fabric with a 140 cm in width and 100 cm in length.
3. Use the stapler gun, and staple the cheap plain fabric all around the wood frame. This will be the first layer of your bed headboard to make it less fragile. Make sure it’s tight enough around edges to avoid creases.
4. Coming to the main fabric of the bed headboard, you need to repeat the same steps you did with the plain cheap fabric.
5. Above your bed, hang the bed headboard with wall screws and enjoy your new revamped bed headboard.
Photo Credits: kindleyourcreativity.blogspot.com
Looking for another creative DIY? We've got a ton here!
Don't Leave Just Yet!Eight Foods to Help You Sleep Better at Night