November 04, 2018 09:26 PM | by Farida Abdel Malek
How to Easily Use Seeds to Grow a Mini Lemon Tree at Home
The idea of growing plants at home has always been perceived as unapproachable and complicated when the reality is actually pretty simple plus a few touches of watering and seeding knowledge. Yes, you can easily get your vegetables and plants from the grocery store but imagine the money you can save if you have your own DIY lemon tree at home.
The experience itself of picking your lemons from the pot against your kitchen window must be 10 times more gratifying. All you need to start, is a fresh organic lemon, a pot, soil and sun. Here's how to grow a lemon tree indoors:
1. To begin, you should find a spot at home filled with sun, if you don't have a garden or balcony.
2. Buy an organic lemon, because only then will the seeds germinate.
3. Find a medium-large (24 inches wide and 12 inches deep) sized pot and a natural fertilizer.
4. Moisten the potting soil so that it is damp, but not soaked, all the way through.
5. Place the soil in the pot up to an inch below the rim.
6. Immediately after you get a seed from the lemon you should plant the seed in the middle of the pot while it's still moist.
7. Spray the soil that is close to the seed but do not water it too much.
8. Cover the pot with a clear plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band. With a pencil make a few small holes in the plastic and place in the sunny spot.
9. Do not let the soil dry out, so keep watering every now and then but be careful to keep it damp or moist not too wet.
10. Remove the plastic wrap when it begins to spout (in around 2 weeks).
11. Make sure you keep providing it with fertiliser and a full eight hours of sunlight.
Information Credits: 1Million Women
Main Image Credits: Instagram @anna.m.loska
Looking for another creative DIY? We've got a ton here!