November 25, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
11 Basic Rules to End Violence Against Women in The Next Generation
Here at Fustany.com we support women and always insist on empowering them, and in honor of the movements of eliminating Violence Against Women we would love to shed some light on the importance of raising a new generation that understands the meaning of equality between both genders and how men should respect and protect women. Also, how women should empower other women, leading to a generation that truly understands the meaning that every human should be respected and given the privilege of feeling safe. Parents are able to create the key fundamentals that create a psychologically stable person. Mothers raise husbands that help their wives and respect their daughters and sons, and raise women who can stand tall and defend other women without feeling threatened. So for both parents these are the 11 basic rules to raise men to respect women and women to empower women.
1. Give equal house chores to your son and daughter.
2. Teach him how to help his sister, female cousin or female friends.
3. Make equal house rules for both of them like curfew, school grades, and punishments for bad behavior.
4. Teach your son and daughter that violence is never the answer to solve problems.
5. Teach them to always use good words with each other.
6. Don’t give your son more privileges than his sister when it comes to personal freedom.
7. Explain to your son that encouraging his sister and celebrating her success doesn’t diminish his accomplishments.
8. Teach your daughter that getting a compliment by insulting other women is not acceptable.
9. Tell your daughter that building her success on other women wrecks is a shameful act.
10. Insist on teaching her that only weak women with no self-confidence like to diminish or belittle other women to stand out and shine.
11. Last but not least, make both your son and daughter understand that they complete each other and both deserve a chance to live respectably in this world.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?