March 17, 2015 | by Nada Allam
74 Life Lessons Learned from Mothers
Can you count how many life lessons you learned from your mother? Well I tried, and after reaching life lesson number 74, I realized that I could go on and on for so much more. The truth is, all these life lessons are a combination of what your parents taught you throughout bringing you up.
So take a moment to read these life lessons you learned from your mums and your dads, (just because it is Mother’s Day doesn’t mean they don’t get credit) and reflect on life. Start with thanking your mothers and fathers for everything.
1. Always trust your gut and listen to that voice inside your head.
2. Always treat those older than you with respect.
3. Never be mean.
4. Stand up for yourself, don’t wait for someone to defend you.
5. No matter what life throws at you, stand up and fight back.
6. Allow yourself to accept constructive criticism.
7. Always add extra vanilla when baking.
8. Some things you will understand later on in life.
9. Never do things half way, complete your tasks in the best way possible.
10. Dress in whatever way you want, but always look appropriate.
11. Add some mascara to your eyes before you leave the house.
12. Take care of your hair, make sure to do hair masks as much as you can.
13. Do not neglect your skin at an early age, as it will show when you grow old.
14. Don’t forget to moisturize your neck.
16. Always be grateful for what you have.
17. Don’t compare yourself to others.
18. Money isn’t everything, there is so much more to life.
19. Challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone.
20. Always always always have breakfast.
21. ‘Please’ and ‘Thank you’ are the magic words.
22. Believe in second chances, learn to forgive and forget.
23. Stay active as much as you can.
24. Read books, they are the fruits of life.
25. Be the best version of yourself at all times.
26. Take initiative and always think of new and different things to do in life.
27. Your family is your back bone, never neglect them.
28. Save save save, you never know what might happen tomorrow.
29. Never go a day without speaking to your parents.
30. Apologize, it is the respectful and admirable thing to do.
31. Always be kind.
32. Honesty is really the best policy. Lying will get you no where in life.
33. Mothers will always know when you are lying, so don’t even try.
34. Doing the right thing is hard but fulfilling.
35. Work hard and do your job 100 % efficiently.
36. Mothers have been teaching their kids how to be the best parents their entire lives.
37. Always be patient, what is meant to be will happen.
38. Being different is special.
39. Being a mum is the hardest job on the plant, but the most rewarding.
40. Motherhood is a full time job that never ends.
41. Always look and act like a lady.
42. No matter what happens, a mother’s hug is the answer.
43. Always smell good.
44. If your deodorant makes you itch, change it.
45. Don't wear too much eyeliner.
46. A spoonful of honey every day is really important.
47. Always try to find a good balance in life.
48. Relax and just try to let life lead you.
49. Sometimes life is not fair and that is the way it is going to be.
50. Eat your vegetables and finish your plate of food.
51. You can do anything you set your mind to.
52. Treat people how you wish to be treated.
53. Never allow yourself to be a victim.
54. Look both ways before you cross the street.
55. Never break promises.
56. Payback is a waste of time.
57. Always try to see the cup half full, there is always a brighter side.
58. Admit when you are at fault or mistaken. People will respect you more.
59. Be sure to differentiate between real friends and fake friends.
60. Don’t mock something before you try it.
61. You are a lot smarter than you think.
62. A parent’s advice is the best advice out there.
63. Listen and look up to your father, because he is the man she fell in love with.
64. They ALWAYS have your best interest at heart, even when you don’t agree with them.
65. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
66. Always wear a clean and ironed shirt.
67. See the good in people.
68. Don’t overreact, take a deep breath and handle it with grace.
69. Appreciate the simple things in life.
70. Learn how to adapt when things change.
71. Listen and count to 10 before you react.
72. Be adventurous.
73. Go the extra mile when you can, you will only gain and never lose.
74. Think highly of yourself, never think of yourself in a negative way.
Believe it or not, this list is not nearly complete. However, let me cut the story short, your mum, actually your parents, have taught you everything they you need to know about life. So, trust me on this, they are right about a lot of things, so listen to their thoughts.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!Have You Read These?Stylish Gifts for Stylish Mums