December 28, 2021 04:25 PM | by The Fustany Team
31 Fun Ideas to Celebrate New Year's Eve at Home
Are you looking for some fun ideas to celebrate New Year's Eve at home? Even if you're spending New Year's Eve in the comfort of your own home, you can still celebrate the 365 days that have passed in a joyful way! If you're not a New Year's partier, or you invited your friends over, or even need to wake up early the next morning, here are 24 fun ideas to celebrate New Year's Eve at home:
1. Bring out your board games; you can play Monopoly or 2oolameme; it's a lot of fun, and you'll be laughing all night!
2. Dance the night away with music on full volume.
3. Make a big bowl of popcorn and finish it all by yourself, while watching your favorite movie.
4. Make a list of things you accomplished this past year and hang it in your room.
5. Invite friends to your house and make a themed sleepover. For example, you can all sleep in themed pajamas.
6. Set up a confetti bar and blow the confetti from the balcony with your friends.
7. Try to imitate one of Beyonce’s musical performances with your girlfriends.
8. Buy a Polaroid camera and capture some priceless moments.
9. Cook an amazing meal for your family or loved ones.
10. Bring your friends together and make a new years resolution altogether.
11. Dim the lights and enjoy some scented candles as the clock ticks 12.
12. If you’re inviting your school friends over, make a playlist of your favorite old songs together and dance until you can't feel your feet.
13. Make a huge hot chocolate container at your house. Put marshmallows, sprinkles, and whipped cream on the side and your guests will love you for it.
14. Buy yourself new sneakers and do an exercise 15 minutes before it hits 12. When it hits 12, bring out your favorite ice cream from the freezer and give yourself a treat.
15. In Denmark, they have a tradition of climbing up a chair and jumping off of it as the clock hits 12 Make sure to do this with your friends while watching the clock. Your neighbors could get bothered, I warned you.
16. Turn the New Years Eve into a fondue party.
17. Make a short video of good memories you had with your friends and watch it together. A sweet trip down the memory lane.
18. Make a little time capsule questionnaire asking your friends about their favorite movie last year, the best thing that happened to them last year, and what they want to accomplish in the new year. Mix them together and let everyone pick a question randomly.
19. Create your own balloon filled confetti using little colored paper and pop it at midnight.
20. Make your guests some customized hats and right on it ''Cheers, 2022''.
21. Make your own edible countdown using marshmallows! Simply use edible cake paint and write on each marshmallow from 10 to 0.
22. Cut down some photo props with “Goodbye 2022” disco balls, “2022, I can’t wait” or “Cheers 2022” to capture the excitement of the evening.
23. Stand with your friends in a circle while sticking your heads together and take a selfie! Make it a tradition to take the same picture every year.
24. Do a treasure hunt around the house by putting clues under the couch, chair, or tables. Whoever finds the treasure first, gets to dare anyone to do something!
25. Binge-watch your favorite shows, such as "Friends" or "How I Met Your Mother," with your friends or partner.
26. Have a video game night with your friends or family and play your favorite games; don't forget the snacks!
27. Invite your friends over, buy some cupcakes, and decorate them. When the clock strikes twelve, eat all of the cupcakes you decorated with your friends.
28. Virtual murder mystery parties are popular right now, and they're ideal for New Year's Eve. They're great for people who enjoy murder mystery shows, and by participating, you get to be a detective for the day.
29. Gather your creative friends and get some canvases, paint, and brushes to start showing off your artistic side. When you're finished, you can give each other the paintings you made.
30. For those of us with a sweet tooth, we all know that baking sweets makes everything better. You can hold a baking contest with your friends to see who can make the best brownies, pie, or cake. Make sure you get points for the fun decoration as well.
31. Give back to the community by doing some volunteer work.
Main Image Credits: Pinterest
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!