October 13, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Quotes on Love from Legends of the World
L.O.V.E. A four letter word that can change your entire world, do you agree? Love can lead to marriage and kids, love can lead to hatred and withdrawal, love can lead to generosity, love can lead to courage…The list goes on, but my point is, there is no one definition to what is love. Love can be expressed in millions of ways, and is present in various types of relationships. I think it is safe to say that to be loved is a gift that we take for granted. I haven't lived long to know much and impart wisdom on love, so instead I am bringing you some quotes on love from the legends of the world. Who knows, maybe we'll get one step closer to understanding the divine power that comes from one simple word!
1. Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. - Plato
3. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. - Mother Teresa
4. You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr.Seuss
5. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to persuade my wife to marry me. - Winston Churchill
6. Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it. - Nicholas Sparks
7. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything. - Katharine Hepburn
8. One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving. - Paulo Cohelo
9. Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love. - Albert Einstein
10. You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear. - Oscar Wilde
11. Better to have lost and loved then never to have loved at all. - Hemingway
12. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. - Aristotle
13. Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. - Vincent Van Gogh
14. Love is the beauty of the soul. - Saint Augustine
15. A loving heart is the truest wisdom. - Charles Dickens
Are things a little clearer now?