July 27, 2015 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
Why You Need to Let Go of Toxic Partners
Walking away from someone you love is one of the hardest things you might need to do. If you’re lucky enough, you won’t have to go through it, but very often we find ourselves so lost that the only right thing to do at that moment is to just leave. That's why we'll let you know why you need to let go of toxic partners.
It’s hard to realize that something you once dearly valued and loved, no longer serves you. You cling to every single memory, hold on to things that no longer exist and would probably do anything, other than actually take the right decision of walking away. One day, however, whether by choice or force, you’ll come to that conclusion. So why does it take us such a long time to reach that place? It’s part of human nature to stick to what we feel comfortable with or just stay within our comfort zone, pretend like it’s all going to be okay or that they’ll go back to how it used to be.
Truth be told, that rarely happens and while we know it’s extremely hard to walk away from a partner or a relationship that no longer serves you, it’s even harder to stay in one hoping one day every thing will change. Being with the right one will always give you strength, not make you feel weak, it will make you certain of your situation, instead of constantly wondering, you won’t feel like you’re lost and need affirmation. Healthy relationships just flow, nothing has to be that complicated. Yes, we’re well aware that every relationship has its ups and downs, however, toxic ones are like ribbons you’re trying to untie, whenever you get rid of a knot, another one shows up.
When to let go of a toxic partner? If you can relate to two or more of the below, then we believe you have the answer to your question.
1. When you find yourself more sad and going through emotional roller-coasters than actually being happy.
2. When it doesn’t add to your life, but subtracts from it.
3. When you feel like needing to make excuses for each and every situation to justify to yourself why you still need to hang around.
4. When your close family members and friends continuously show how concerned they are about you.
5. When it doesn’t make you feel safe.
6. When you have absolutely no control over the situation, but feel like you’re being dragged.
7. When there comes a time, that no matter what you’re doing, it’s not good enough or they don’t appreciate it like someone else would.
8. When you’re being taken for granted.
9. When you constantly feel like you deserve to be treated better than that.
And at the end, there’s a saying that goes as follows: Your attachment to unhealthy people and bad habits, which offers you no real control, is why you’re spiritually dying and living a life out of balance. Think about that for a second. Is that really the way you’d like to spend your life, let alone the next week or day? We don’t think so! Find the strength in you to walk away. As far away as possible…
L.O.V.E, a four letter word with so much more behind it. Explore it all in our Love & Relationships section.
Don't Leave Just Yet!