July 28, 2013 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Atayef With Nutella Recipe
Atayef with Nutella is definitely my favorite Ramadan dessert this year. Nothing is more mouthwatering than some Nutella melting inside your mouth along with the delicious Atayef. Atayef can be called the Egyptian mini Pancakes, it's tiny, delicious and easy-to-prepare. This heavenly sweet treat is normally baked or fried and dipped in sugar syrup.
What you will need:
15 Pieces of Atayef
1 Nutella Jar - 750 gm
Butter or Oil
1. Take piece by piece of Atayef and spread a small portion of Nutella on its surface evenly. Avoid putting too much Nutella to avoid folding it incorrectly.
2. Fold the Atayef into half and squeeze its edges so it looks like a half-moon. You can now fry the Atayef for three minutes in oil or you can follow the next steps to bake it...
3. Spread a spoonful of melted butter onto a Pyrex baking dish, then using a pastry brush, dab butter on each and every Atayef piece.
4. Put the baking dish it in the oven for three to seven minutes on medium heat.
5. After you take it out, leave to cool down and pour some sugar syrup on it. Enjoy the delicious twist on a typical Ramadan dessert!
How to prepare the sugar syrup:
Mix 1 cup of water, 2 cups of sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice in a sauce pan, stir and leave it to boil for 8 minutes. Then, add 1 tablespoon of rosewater and let it boil for a minute. Let it cool down completely till it reaches room tempratue then pour the syrup over the Atayef.