February 02, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Biryani Rice Recipe
Rice is considered one of the crucial side dishes added to any Arab's family dining table. A little spicy twist like Biryani Rice will definitely make you meal yummier! Here's the recipe.
What you will need: (serves 4 persons)
1 Cup washed basmati rice
1 1/2 Tablespoon ghee or butter
1 1/4 Cubes chicken/vegetable stock
1 Tablespoon ginger paste
2 Cinnamon sticks
6-8 Halved cashews
1 Tablespoon coriander
1/2 Tablespoon Turmeric powder
1/2 Medium-sized onion (diced)
Pinch of cardamom powder
Almond flakes and fried onions
1. Place a cup and a half of water in a cooking pan and pour in the basmati rice. Add stock, ginger, cardamom and turmeric and leave them on medium heat for 20 minutes, or until well cooked. Stir the rice if necessary.
2. In a pot, heat the ghee and add the cinnamon sticks along with the cloves. Remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves once you smell their aroma, then put aside.
3. Add the cashews until they turn brown, then remove from heat and put them along with the cinnamon and cloves.
4. Fry onion until it gets brown and then add all the previous spices along with the onion to the rice and mix well.
5. Top off the rice with the fried onion and almond flakes and enjoy!