August 31, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe
When I read about the quinoa grains and its health benefits, I instantly became obsessed with it. It’s usually used as a salad ingredient; it adds a new healthy twist to every salad recipe you know. For now, I’ll share with you a healthy quinoa salad recipe. You’ll find it easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 1 ½ cups of rinsed quinoa grains
- 5 pickled cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley leaves
- 2 bunches of fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup of virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ Tsp salt
- ¾ Tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lettuce head
- 1 avocado
Steps to make the healthy quinoa salad:
1. First thing you need to do to make the healthy quinoa salad, is to boil the rinsed quinoa grains in six cups of water. Leave it on heat for 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, you need to slice the cucumbers, red onions, and tomato.
3. Chop the Italian parsley, mint leaves, and lettuce.
4. Then, peel the avocado, take out the seed, and dice it into small cubes.
5. After 12 minutes, take out the quinoa and rinse it with cold water in a strainer. Shake it well to get rid of the water, and wait for a couple of minutes.
6. Now bring a big bowl and add all the ingredients you prepared.
7. To prepare the quinoa salad dressing, add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar in a small jar, seal it and it very well. Add over the salad, and toss very well.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.Don't Leave Just Yet!