May 12, 2019 12:44 PM | by The Fustany Team
This Manal Alalem No-Bake Dessert Recipe Is so Easy and Quick for Ramadan
What would Ramadan be without one or two of Manal Alalem's recipes? I never thought a Ramadan dessert can be something you can easily make, and with no need of an oven. These mini date biscuits are so easy and encouraging for those of us who don't hit the kitchen that often.
I can imagine this would be perfect for a small friends get together for tea, after Iftar. It won't take a lot of time to make and it's definitely something a lot different than what everyone's been eating for dessert so far.
- 2 cups of finely ground biscuits
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 Tbsp of rose water
- 1 tsp of saffron
- Walnuts for decoration
- 1 cup of ground dates
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
1. In a deep bowl place the ground biscuits, honey, rose water and saffron.
2. With your fingertips, massage and blend the mixture together till it forms a dough.
3. Prepare mini cupcake holders and leave it on the side.
4. Place the biscuit dough between two parchment papers and use a rolling pin to spread it.
5. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to make circles out of the biscuit.
6. Place the biscuit circles in the cupcake holders.
7. Mix the filling ingredients really well together.
8. Spread the filling inside the biscuit.
9. Add a walnut on top to decorate.
10. Place the cupcake holder or cupcake tray in the fridge so the biscuit can hold in place.
Recipes & Main Image Credits: Instagram @manalalalem
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.