January 28, 2015 12:00 AM | by Sara Khalil
How to Make a Ballerina Bun With Light Hair
If you're a gal with light hair and think you can't go for dramatic hair do’s like ballerina buns, then we're here to tell you that you absolutely can! There is a trick to make your ballerina bun seem a lot more full and voluminous than it really is, and it's a lot easier than you may think. So, we are going to tell you in just a few steps how to make a ballerina bun with light hair. All you are going to need for this process is a hair donut. Make sure to get one that is the same shade or similar to your hair color.
1. To make a ballerina bun with light hair, start by combing your hair and tying it up into a high ponytail.
2. Next, insert your ponytail into the hair donut and let the donut land over the elastic band you used to tie your ponytail.
3. This is an important part for making a ballerina bun with light hair! You will need to divide your ponytail into two parts. Spread out the hair around the donut so that both parts of your hair cover the entire donut.
4. Hold the hair that is wrapped around the donut in place with an elastic band.
5. You will find that strands of your hair are still visible, twist them around the hair bun, gently tucking them under the donut. Use bobby pins to hold these strands in place.
Voila! We always recommend you trying something new...
Even a bad hair day can be under control! Discover more haircare secrets and styles from our Hair section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!