September 22, 2016 12:00 AM | by Sara Khalil
14 Tips to Help You Get a Good Night's Sleep
If you’re one of the people who don’t enjoy a deep and a good night’s sleep, then you’re probably doing something wrong with you pre-bedtime preparations! But don’t worry, I have 14 tips that will help you get a deep and a good night’s sleep, so let’s check it out.
1. Before you go to bed make sure you’re not hungry or full, both cases will give you stomach aches and will keep you from getting a good night’s sleep.
2. Make your bed and put everything back into its place. Also, leave on a night light, this will make you feel relaxed and will help you fall asleep faster, resulting into a good night’s sleep.
3. Another tip to get a good night’s sleep is to drink something hot before you go to bed, like chamomile, hot milk and cocoa or hot milk and cinnamon. Drinking something hot relaxes your body and helps it go to sleep better. Hot showers before bed are also a very good idea.
4. Having a fixed sleeping schedule, where you wake up at the same time during every single day of the week contributes in getting a good night’s sleep.
5. Avoid drinking caffeine before going to bed if you want to get a good night’s sleep.
6. To get a good night’s sleep, put only one pillow under your head, neck pains are a major reason for sleep deprivation.
7. Try to relax and make time for yourself before going to bed. For example, reading a book or taking a hot shower, will help your mind relax to get a good night’s sleep.
8. Don’t adjust your morning alarm to a noisy tone; instead use a soothing sound or an ascending tone. Waking up gradually will prevent you from any long day headaches.
9. Did you know that mattresses and pillows are a huge factor to a good night’s sleep? Yes they are, choosing the right type will help your body relax and feel cozy when you go to bed.
10. Daily workouts help you sleep better at night, so make it a routine and a part of your life if you want to get a regular good night’s sleep.
11. Checking your phone before going to bed will prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep. Your phone's light in the dark makes your mind active, and not ready to go to sleep and relax.
12. The best sleeping position to get a good night’s sleep is by laying on one side of your body and leaning your head forward a little bit. Sleeping on your back can lead to back pain and sleeping on your stomach can cause you stomach aches and breast deformation.
13. A nice exercise to do before going to sleep is to think positively or imagine your positive goals in life. . Positive thinking helps the mind and body relax to go into deep and good night’s sleep.
14. If you want to use technology to help you get a good night’s sleep, then you can download apps that guide you to breath better or gives you instructions on how to relax before going to bed.
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.