March 17, 2015 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Eight Reasons Why You Should Stretch Before and After a Workout
Stretching before and after a workout is one step that everyone tends to neglect or skip. If you haven't been exercising for a long period, a workout could literally be a shock to your body muscles. Also, if you do exercise on a regular basis, stretching shouldn't be any less important. Make stretching a crucial part of your workout routine and know the eight reasons why you should stretch before and after your workout.
Why to stretch before a workout:
1. When you stretch your muscles before a workout, you get them heated up to be perfectly prepared for exercise.
2. Stretching before an exercise enhances the blood flow in your muscles, which makes them way more flexible and energized.
3. If you stretch out before you exercise, you can simply kiss extreme soreness and muscles contractions goodbye!
4. Stretching before an exercise is also a great way to eliminate potential muscle injuries.
Why to stretch after a workout:
5. Stretching after a workout is as important as the workout itself. When you stretch after a workout, you will find yourself more flexible to do some other moves next time you hit the gym.
6. When you stretch after a workout, you guarantee that your muscles will be functioning at their best.
7. If it's your first time to hit the gym since a long while, stretching after a workout will make your muscles adapt better to the changes that occurred.
8. Because stretching makes your muscles relax a lot more than you think, stretching after a workout is a great way to kick tension out of your body and make you sleep better.
Photo Credits: Depositphoto.com
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.
Have You Read These?11 Signs You're in the Right Relationship