October 24, 2013 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Homemade Soothing Foot Massage
Trust me I know how it feels to take off your heels after an eventful day or an all night long party. It hurts like hell! Our dear feet truly take too much. From summer sandals to 6 inch heels, they manage to get stuffed in shoes, dry out and never complain. That's why I devoted this feature to your pretty feet. Here's a simple massage to pamper your feet and leave it fresh, healthy and remove any discomfort.
1. Soak your feet in warm water mixed with a few drops of baby oil and shower gel for around 15 minutes.
2. Rinse and dry your feet with a soft towel.
3. Apply an adequate amount of foot cream on your finger tips. Hold the bottom of your feet and rub your way through to your heel. Rub upwards and downwards to increase blood flow and reduce pressure.
4. Rub the bottom of your entire feet and heel in small circles. Repeat this for at least one minute.
5. Now it's time to focus on your heels. Place your thumbs right next to one another on the center of your heels. Massage your heel by pushing one thumb up and one thumb down both in slow motion.
6. Last step is to massage your ankle bone. Place your finger tips to massage and rub your ankle bones in a circular motion on both sides.
7. Soak your feet in warm water for the very last time. Dry it out and apply baby oil. You can also wear cotton socks for better results.