May 05, 2021 11:45 AM | by Mai Atef
Find Out How Many Calories Are Hiding In Eid Desserts
Desserts and sweets are inevitable in Eid Al Fitr. Since we are always either too hesitant to eat or we eat a lot forgetting about the sugar coma that's about to hit, if you want to keep track of your calorie intake, here's is a list of all the calories in Eid desserts:
1. Plain Kahk: 200 cal.
2. Kahk with dates: 180 cal.
3. Kahk with nuts or Malban: 220 cal.
4. Ghorayeba: 160 cal.
5. Petite Four: 90 cal.
6. Biscuit: 90 cal.
Tips to balance health and sugar intake during Eid Al Fitr
1. Drink at least 2 liters of water to stay hydrated. Water also helps digestion.
2. Drink hot beverages that boost your metabolism like cinnamon, ginger, and lemon.
3. Drink your tea or coffee without sugar to avoid the extra calories.
4. You can eat the Kahk without sugar or with very little sugar sprinkled on it.
5. Try to workout during Eid, even if it’s just by walking a little bit.
6. Buy or bake in moderation. Balance is key. Enjoy your Eid and the amazing desserts. If you're worried about trying to be healthy, reduce how much sweets you're buying or making.
7. You can also try to go for ones lower in calories, like plain biscuits or plain petit four, without jam or chocolate.
8. You can also try making your own healthy oat biscuits at home!
Main Image Credits: Instagram @voiladessert_eg
Your health and fitness questions can be answered right away on ASK FUSTANY. Just post your inquiry, and we'll answer you!