January 23, 2014 12:00 AM | by ScoopEmpire.com
How to Reward your Body in 2014
It’s a new year and everyone has plans and resolutions to make this year even better than the last. 2013 was a big hit for health and fitness, with the rise of circuit training, cross fit, quinoa, and other organic foods. And we expect 2014 to be the year to be creatively healthy!
While it’s still early January and you’re still trying not to repeat the same mistakes again, here are a few things you should take into consideration to make sure you get the best out of 2014! Don’t forget your body is your instrument and you should handle it with care, gratitude and respect.
1. Drink a lot of water. Research says those who drink plenty of water lose up to 10 pounds more weight than those who do not.
2. Eat carbohydrates twice a week to maintain your energy but still lessen your fat percentage.
3. Increase your dosage of green tea and lemon water in order to exfoliate and detox your body from all bacteria and wastes.
4. Exercise three times a week (minimum). Nothing is better than working out to make you feel refreshed, energized and stronger.
5. Substitute your munching with healthy dips like guacamole, hummus and beans. They are healthy proteins that keep you full for a longer time and provide healthy minerals.
6. Every now and then, get a check up and ask your doctor what vitamins or minerals you are lacking and make sure you find foods or supplements that will give you all the nutrients you need.
7. Don’t forget to eat your greens. From parsley, to spinach to salad, a small amount every day can go a long way!
8. Gradually quit smoking. I don’t need to say why, do I?
9. If you’re into alcohol, drink wisely. Your liver and kidney need time to cleanse your body from alcohol, so drinking everyday will just drown your organs with alcohol, which is extremely dangerous.
10. Lastly, smile, be happy, attract positive thoughts and people and repel negative energy from you. You need to be zen and find your inner peace, and being happy is the way to do that!