January 15, 2022 11:50 AM | by The Fustany Team
20 Reasons to Eat Oranges Every Day
I personally don't need reasons to eat oranges every day. I just happen to love oranges! Whether it's orange juice, orange slices, or even in a fruit salad, oranges are my favorite fruit during the winter. Having one orange every day will give your body the right amount of energy and vitamin C. Wait I'm not done yet, here are 20 reasons to eat oranges every day.
1. Oranges are full of antioxidants, which make you have fresh clear skin, and keep chronic diseases away.
2. Another reason to eat oranges every day, is that it has vitamins C and A, that is good for your eyesight and health in general.
3. Oranges are known to improve brain cells activity because the fruit has folate and folic acid. It's also advised that pregnant women have at least one orange per day, in order to protect the baby from stress and mood swings.
4. Having an orange every day can beat possible heart diseases, as it's full of flavonoids that reduce cholesterol levels, hence maintaining normal blood pressure and treating blood clots.
5. Oranges are considered one of the fruits that can truly soothe an irritated stomach because they have so many fibers which prevent stomach ulcers, constipation, weight management, digestion, and hydration.
6. If you suffer from hair loss, make sure to eat an orange every day because the collagen present in oranges can boost hair growth greatly.
7. Drinking fresh orange juice regularly can protect your body against any future kidney disease or the formation of kidney stones. However, make sure to reduce the amount of sugar you add to the orange juice in order not to result in teeth cavities.
8. You can also benefit from the peel of orange by making a natural mask to lighten your skin. When it comes to oranges, nothing goes to waste. Dry the orange peel in the sun so that it can be ground into a powder, then grind it with a spoonful of yogurt and apply it to your skin for 15 minutes.
9. Oranges contain a high amount of folic acid, which is one of the most important components of red blood cells. That is why it is best for teenage girls to eat an orange more frequently because it helps with the amount of blood lost during menstruation. It is also beneficial for pregnant women because it promotes increased blood production.
10. One orange contains approximately 0.39 mg of vitamin B1, which plays numerous roles in human health. It is one of the most effective treatments for heart disease, blood vessel disease, endocrine gland disease, and maintaining a healthy digestive system. The average adult requires 1.5 mg of vitamin B1.
11. Oranges are extremely beneficial in terms of lowering bad cholesterol levels. It contains important flavonoids like hesperidin and pectin, which prevent fats from being absorbed and carried away by the body. When the body absorbs fat, the risk of artery blockages, which obstruct blood flow, increases. If you eat an orange every day, you will not develop high cholesterol.
12. Orange is one of the most beneficial fruits for men because it boosts sperm production and keeps it healthy.
13. Orange is one of the fruits that helps with weight loss because it is low in calories. One orange only has 65 calories. As a result, it can be consumed in between meals.
14. Various studies and research also show that orange is good for your eyes. It contains carotenoids, which are extremely beneficial to eyesight because they improve vision while also protecting it from aging and macular degeneration.
15. Orange peel is a great way to get rid of bad breath, which some people suffer from and are unsure how to treat.
16. If you have dark spots on your face, the orange peel will be extremely beneficial. Orange peel is extremely effective because it is high in vitamin C, which promotes skin health.
17. Orange peel can be used to treat blackheads; simply mix powdered orange peel and yogurt and apply to the affected area. Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes before washing it off. After a few days, you will notice that the blackheads are no longer visible.
18. Acne on your face can be treated with an orange face mask. Oranges, which are high in dietary fibers, help in the removal of toxins from our skin. It also contains citric acid, which helps to keep acne at bay.
19. Orange peel can also be used to remove sunburn marks from the skin.
20. Finally, orange helps to improve body odor.
P.S. When peeling the oranges, make sure to keep the inner white lining surrounding the orange because it is as nutritious as the fruit itself.