May 29, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
What Is Infused Water?
Infused water is becoming really popular among people who like to lead a healthy lifestyle! Don't know what infused water is? Read along to know what is infused water, how to make it at home and its health benefits...
What is infused water?
Basically, infused water is flavored nutritious water; where the flavor and nutrients come from infusing fresh fruits and herbs in water.
Can you make infused water at home?
Absolutely yes, and the process is super easy too.
To make infused water at home, you'll need water, a glass container (mason jar/pitcher/water infuser bottle), and your preferred choice of raw fruits and herbs. Then, you'll need to cut/slice the fruits and herbs, add them to water in the container, and leave in the fridge to infuse and chill for 3-4 hours. Make sure to drink up the infused water on the same day for the optimal taste!
P.S. The best container to use is the water infuser bottle, as it includes a built-in compartment to add the ingredients in.
The benefits of infused water:
1. Infused water tastes so delicious, so your daily water in-take will be easier.
2. You get all the vitamins from the fruits without any extra calories.
3. Infused water helps in boosting your immune system, as the fruits are rich in anti-oxidants.
4. By adding fruits to your water, you'll enjoy the taste without consuming extra sugar or fructose.
5. Another benefit of infused water, is that it helps boost your metabolism.
6. Loading up on infused water fills you up, so this helps if you're seeking weight loss.
7. Infused water has the same benefits of watersame benefits of water, so it will flush toxins from your body.
8. Drinking infused water will help you get better hair, nails and skin.
Now that you know what infused water is, stay tuned as we'll soon be sharing with you infused water recipes, including different combinations of fruits and herbs.
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!