October 01, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
DOs and DON'Ts for College Makeup
When getting dressed for school or college, how long do you stand in front of the mirror? If you pass five minutes, you are officially spending way too much time on your college beauty routine. You should not look like you looked the night before when you went out with the girls, neither should you look like you just jumped out of a bed. A lady should look primped and polished no matter where she is going. It is a matter of how refined we are talking. In this case, since you are heading to school, you will be interacting with professors and classmates, your makeup look should look fresh and natural. Here are a list of makeup do's and don'ts for college look that you should really follow.
1. Do not wear concealer or foundation. While there is an art to making foundation look extremely natural and not cakey, if you are heading to school ditch 'em. If you are trying to hide a zit, then it is acceptable. Other than that, just wash your face and moisturize it for a fresh glow.
2. Do not wear lipstick, even if it is a super light nude shade. Tinted lip balms are the perfect beauty product when heading to college. Pick a shade that goes well with your skin tone and adds a subtle pop to your lips; it is lip balm after all so feel free to always dab it on.
3. Do brush your eyebrows. Do not underestimate what groomed eyebrows can do to your look.
4. Do pay attention to your eyes, subtly though. Add a coat of mascara to your eyelashes to brighten up your eyes.
5. Do not apply eyeliner underneath the eye as it will probably smudge throughout the day. If you want to apply eyeliner, go for a light super thin line on your upper eyelid.
6. Do not apply powdered blush. Cream blush has been created for situations like these. Dab a little color to your cheekbones and rub them in, giving your face a light color.
7. Do keep a little makeup bag in your purse with your essential makeup products to change from a college to a night look. A lady must always be prepared.
8. Do not, under any circumstances, apply any eyeshadow to your eyelids. You are going to get an education, not flutter your eyelashes at every cute guy that passes you by. Leave the eyeshadow for night events.
Got any makeup or skincare questions? ASK FUSTANY can help with that! Post your question, and have makeup artists and skincare experts answer you.We Recommend: