March 16, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
How to Recreate Jean Harlow's Signature Makeup Look
There is something about the 30's era that just screams elegance and glamour. Maybe it was the way they dressed, or perhaps how they carried themselves gracefully. Well, one thing is for sure, their flawless beauty played a big role. Jean Harlow is the perfect example of full on glamour back in the day, and her signature look was created by Mr. Max Factor. She was known as the 'Blonde Bombshell,' one of the greatest movie stars of all time, who was defined by her makeup look. So next time you are heading out to an event, how about you recreate Jean Harlow's signature makeup look, you can't go wrong with that.
1. Start by applying Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation all over your face. Be sure to blend in the foundation using a brush, stressing on areas such as the nose and around the eyes.
2. Now that you have evened out your skin tone with the foundation, apply Max Factor Miracle Touch creamy blush on the apples of your cheeks. This will give your cheeks a natural rosy color.
3. The 30's glamour was all about accentuating the eyes, which means you want to focus on loading your eyelashes with mascara. Use the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara in black to both upper and lower lashes. Be sure to apply mascara to your lashes to create a lift, and line your eyelids with eyeliner.
4. Now move on to your lips, which will pull the whole beauty look together. Start by creating a smooth and even lip base by applying Max Factor Mastertouch under eye concealer all over the lips.
5. Next you want to define your lips, making them look like a work of art. Start by emphasizing your lips and cupid's bow, using Max Factor Lip Tint in Pink Princess lip liner.
6. Once you have shaped your lips perfectly, add some color to them with the Max Factor Color Elixir lipstick in Midnight Mauve.
7. For the finishing touch of Jean Harlow's signature makeup look, use the Max Factor Liquid Effect pencil in brown, and draw a perfectly placed beauty spot.
Hit the town looking like a modern day Jean Harlow, the compliments will not stop coming.