We all have busy schedules, that sometimes we do not have the time to head to the nail salon for a manicure. However, that doesn't mean that you should tolerate uneven nails, you can easily file your nails yourself at home. The key to having perfect nails is all in the filing. If you file your nails the correct way, your nails will look clean, healthy and the nail polish will look good. Here are a few things you should do, in order to file your nails properly.
(Read more from our Nails section)
1. Start off by always clipping your nails, that is if you need to shorten them. This will save you from too much filing, and it takes off a lot of length easily. Remember not to clip too much, so you can shape your nail as you like.
2. Choose a good nail file, the emery board nail files are usually the best, as they are lenient on the nails, and they're easier to shape your nails with.
3. Don't file your nails back and forth, this will only weaken the edge of your nail. File your nails in one direction, from the corners to the center.
4. You should trim and file your nails about once a week.
5. Always rinse your nails after filing them, to clean them and remove any nail dust.
6. After you file your nails, try buffing your nails for a natural shine, and remove and rough ridges.
7. Only file your nails when they are dry, avoid filing when they are wet.
8. After you are done filing all your nails, file gently under your nails to remove the soft nail tissue that remains after filling.
What Your Nail Kit Should Include
Maternity Work Wear Essentials