July 23, 2014 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
How to Stop Biting Your Nails
1. Treat yourself to a weekly manicure appointment. When your hands are looking super neat, you'll think twice before you reach out for your fingertips.
2. Keep your nails short. Have a nail kit at home and use the nail file and clipper to trim them regularly.
3. When you're at home, wear gloves or cover your nails with adhesive bandages.
Apply nail polish with a bright shade. If you try and bite your nails,
the nail polish will get chipped and your hands will look unappealing.
If you're so tempted to bite your nails, leave one out, and after a
while you'll notice how much better this one looks compared to the nails
you nibbled on.
6. Always remember that nail biting will cause health issues, damaging your nails, teeth and gum.
8. When you get the urge to bite your nails, chew gum instead. You'll keep your mouth busy for a while until you stop fiddling with your fingers.
9. Use a treatment polish to paint your nails and keep it in your handbag. They usually contain a formula with an extremely bitter taste, it will make you pull out your fingers from your mouth immediately.
10. Maintain the overall look of your nails and help them grow back in a healthy way, apply products such as nail strengtheners and cuticle oils.