Nail cuticles tend to be a bit neglected. As much as we should care about our nails and how pretty they look, we should also nourish the skin around it. If your nail cuticles look dry and unattractive, this might leave you with unhealthy fingernails. Here are some tips for to take care of your nail cuticles, making them look more fresh and appealing.
1. Biting your fingers is a big no, goes without saying! When you bite your fingers, this leaves your cuticles uneven and chapped. Try to keep your hands busy and think of how unhealthy your cuticles will look if you keep on doing this.
2. Cuticle oil is very important for a more moisturized and soft feel. Softening your cracked cuticles is not a problem anymore. Apply some drops of cuticle oil or baby oil on your nail cuticles and rub it perfectly then rinse your hands. Do this before you head to bed everyday. You can also wear gloves for more protection.
3. Make sure to remove the dead skin around your nails at least three times per month. If you decide to do it for your self, don't over cut your cuticles as this will leave a room for bacteria and infections to sneak in. Revive your nails and get them polished on a regular basis.
4. Soak your fingernails in lemon juice and honey mixed with some warm water in a small bowl. Dip your fingernails and let them soak well. Leave your fingers soaked in the bowl for about seven minutes and rinse it with warm water. This mixture helps in whitening and nourishing the skin around your nails. Add this to your weekly beauty routine.
5. Massage your nail cuticles on a regular basis. Massaging helps blood flow to your cuticles and nails as well. It makes your nails stronger and help them grow faster. Meanwhile, this leaves your cuticles pampered.