July 15, 2014 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Polka Dots Nail Art Tutorial
You know those photos of pretty nail art that you always see on Pinterest. Yes, you can do that at home! I'm sharing with you the polka dots nail art tutorial, which includes super easy steps to achieve this classic pattern on your finger tips.
What you'll need:
- Nail polish base coat
- Your choice of 2 nail polish shades
- Nail polish top coat
1. Start by applying the nail polish base coat.
2. Paint your nails in one of the shades you've picked, so it can be a base color. Apply two coats, then wait for your nails to dry.
3. Now your nails are ready to get polka dotted and it's time to use the toothpicks. Dip the end of the toothpick in the other nail polish shade, and gently dab on your nails to create the polka dots.
4. Repeat until all your finger tips are covered in polka dots. While doing so, make sure that you don't have too much nail polish on the toothpick so you don't mess your nail art.
5. Leave a couple of minutes for the nail polish to dry, then seal the nail art you just created with a nail polish top coat.