August 10, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
How to Avoid Skin Peeling After a Sunburn
As soon as the sun shines in the morning, you’d find me sitting on the beach trying to get a tan. A lot if the times, if I over-do it and I'm not careful, I end up with a sunburn. This often leads to skin peeling, which I'm sure no one likes. If you don't like the flaky skin effect too, then find out how to avoid skin peeling after a sunburn. You just need to read the following skincare tips.
How to avoid skin peeling after a sunburn:
1. First thing you should do to avoid a peeling skin after sunburn, is to get into the shower, and run the cold water on your skin for a while, to help it cool down. Avoid hot water, as it will only make you feel worse.
2. Right after taking a cold shower, make sure to apply a good body moisturizer. It's better to choose one that includes aloe vera extract, as it helps in the process of soothing your burnt skin.
3. One of the most important things to know how to avoid skin peeling after a sunburn, is to never scratch your skin even if it itches. When you feel like scratching, grab a cold bottle of water, and put it on the itchy spot, or just run cold water on it. It will calm down the itching.
4. Don’t ever peel the skin with your own hands. If you feel the urge to tear off peeling skin, apply moisturizing cream on it, and leave it so you don’t hurt your skin or cause any scars.
5. Last but not least, don't scrub, exfoliate or use anything harsh against your skin. It’s very sensitive at the moment, and you don’t want to end up with your whole body red-hot. That way, you'll help avoid skin peeling after a sunburn.