February 24, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
How to Make a Coconut Body Scrub
We mentioned before that coconut oil has up to 30 benefits, most of them are beneficial for your skin, helping you reach a silky smooth effect. I love coconut oil and I love body scrubs, so I thought why not combine both of these products into one, and make your very own coconut body scrub.
What you will need:
1. Coconut oil
2. White sugar
**The amount you use really depends on how much you need. However, I recommend making the amount you want to use at the time, you don't want to store it and find that it goes bad.
1. Start by melting the coconut oil. Fill a bowl with boiling water and place the bottle of coconut oil in it, closed of course. The heat will melt the solid coconut in minutes.
2. Pour the amount of coconut oil you need into an empty bowl.
3. Next, add the sugar. You need the amount of sugar to be at least four times more.
4. Add a dash of cinnamon, as it's beneficial for the circulation of blood and it improves skin softness and texture.
5. Mix the oil, sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
6. The outcome should be a beige colored scrub.
7. Use a reasonable amount in your palm, and massage the scrub on damp skin.
8. Let the scrub stay on your body for a few minutes then rinse away with luke warm water.
The outcome: You should smell good enough to be eaten, and your skin will feel baby soft.