Facial hair threading is one of the most popular hair removal methods that Arab women use the most. To ensure the best results and to avoid skin irritation, which is so common after threading, you actually need to prepare your skin for facial hair threading. So read along to know what you have to do, to prepare your skin for a less-painful facial hair threading experience.
1. First of all, you should time yourself on a schedule for regular facial hair threading appointments. Your facial hair doesn't have to be a certain length to go for threading, however, excessive facial hair threading will leave you with an irritated skin. That's why you shouldn't overdo it.
2. Avoid exfoliating your skin the day of your facial hair threading appointment. When your skin is exfoliated, it becomes more sensitive with threading, and this might lead to redness.
3. Hydration is key to make your skin less sensitive before threading. Make sure to load up on water, it's a small trick to prepare your skin for facial hair threading.
4. Before you start the facial hair threading process, make sure to wash your face with ice-cold water! You can also massage the area with an ice cube. This will numb your skin, and will make everything a little less painful.
5. You'll probably think this is super weird, but you can actually apply mint toothpaste on your upper lip area before threading. What does it do? It cools down the face and makes it ready for threading.
6. For a flawless facial hair threading process, you can apply talc powder where you'll be pulling out the hairs. Talc powder soothes your skin, and absorbs any oils that can make the thread slip while using it.
7. Don't go to your facial hair threading appointment while you have any makeup on! Make sure to remove your makeup using a gentle makeup remover, and cleanse your face well prior to threading.
8. Lastly, you should keep calm and try to relax! Breathe well, and you'll be done before you even know it.
P.S. There's also a skincare routine you should follow after threading, so click here to find out everything you need to know.