I watched the 2013 Oscars yesterday half asleep, but had to keep myself as awake as possible to take notes for this feature and of course for us to tweet about it. Just a quick note, in case you're not following us on Twitter, make sure you do on @Fustany.
Now moving on to what were the most memorable 2013 Oscars moments from my very own perspective.
1. The Best Dressed Ladies: There were several gowns that really captured my attention and even left me amazed. Who? On top of my list was Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan, this beaded gown was pure perfection. Amy Adams who was sporting Oscar de la Renta made quite an impression on me, bravo! Next on my list was Naomi Watts in Armani Prive, who wore the futuristic version of the glamorous sparkly silver gown. I also loved Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen, but she looked like she could hardly walk comfortably in her gown. There are more celebrities who fit into the 2013 Oscars Best Dressed list, but I'll be focusing more on them below.
2. A Fashion Slip at the 2013 Oscars: That would have to be Anne Hathaway's choice for that night. The Prada gown she wore isn't bad, in fact the back looked really cute, but it was more of the front that was a problem. It's not cool in any way to go for a dress showing off nipples, yuk! A few seconds later after her appearance everyone started buzzing about them and they even got their very own Twitter account. On a more positive note, I loved her Tiffany's necklace and at least the night turned for her into a success after winning the Best Actress in Supporting Role at the 2013 Oscars.
3. Adele's DejaVu: So using the word DejaVu fits perfectly here especially with Adele's gown by Jenny Packham. It's like I've seen her in this look too many times, black dress with sleeves and some details such as beading perhaps? Enough is enough Adele, I know you have it in you to diversify your style a bit more, at least explore a bit in different cuts or colors. On the other hand, and as expected, I'd like to congratulate her for winning the Best Music for Original Song Award at the 2013 Oscars.
4. Jennifer Lawrence: First things first, the actress looked absolutely gorgeous in her Dior Haute Couture gown and Harry Winston jewellery, especially with the necklace hanging from her back. Loved it! A perfect look for winning the Best Actress in Leading Role Award, but it's a pity she fell. I'm sure that's a big phobia for lots of stars, just as they're walking up to receive their award, and boom they're on the floor. If I were in their shoes, I would make fun of myself right afterwards once I give my speech.
5. Eco-friendly H&M at the 2013 Oscars: Really? Why? Every place and occasion has its looks and outfits, and H&M doesn't belong at the 2013 Oscars, or any red carpet event for that matter, even if trying to support a cause. I also thought Helen Hunt should have ironed the dress properly as it had lots of creases. It's also worth mentioning that Helen Hunt was wearing jewellery worth 700,000 dollars.
6. Charlize Theron's debut: I love that woman's attitude, it really is one of a kind. The way she walked around in that Dior Haute Couture gown, talk about confidence! It somehow reminded me of Anne Hathaway's look during the Golden Globes this year, but Charlize's attitude made all the difference. Did I mention she did a performance that included her dancing with Channing Tatum?
7. The surprise appearance: Michelle Obama appeared via streaming video from the White House sporting a Naeem Khan gown to announce the Best Picture Winner.
8. Arab Fashion Designers on the Redcarpet: Well, what I meant is the Arab fashion designers making their way to the 2013 Oscars. The ones I know of are two debuts for Elie Saab, both Sandra Bullock (on my Best Dressed list) and Alicia Vikander, for Zuhair Murad there was Catherine Zeta Jones in a gold gown which I loved, Kirsten Stewart in Reem Acra and finally Tony Ward Couture's gowns spotted on Kelly Osbourne and Kristin Chenoweth.
9. The Mothers to be: I personally thought both pregnant ladies I spotted yesterday while I was watching the 2013 Oscars had a great taste in fashion. Regardless of their current size, they carried themselves very elegantly. We have Jenna Dewan, wife of Channing Tatum and Georgina Chapman of Marchesa in cute baby bumps.