As we gear up for the Oscars 2015 red carpet fashion and the awards ceremony tonight, we decided to take a look back at some fun facts about the Oscars red carpet fashion.
1. Black is the most worn color on the Oscars red carpet throughout the years, followed by gold.
2. A Twitter account called @AngiesRightLeg was created instantly after Angelina Jolie's leg made quite a show in the thigh-high slit Atelier Versace gown dress she wore at the Oscars red carpet in 2012.
3. Jennifer Lawrence made an Oscars ritual of falling and tripping in her own dress, for two years in a row.
4. It’s also worth mentioning that Jennifer Lawrence tried on her blush pink Dior dress for the very first time, on the morning of the Oscars!
5. Sharon Stone made good use of her white Gap shirt, as she paired it up with a Vera Wang satin skirt and pulled it off perfectly, creating an iconic look in Oscars 1988. She was almost the first celebrity to appear on the red carpet wearing a casual white shirt.
6. The famous fashion house, Armani has dressed Jodie Foster every year after she won her Oscar award in 1992.
7. Prada almost took over the red carpet during the Oscars 2014. Most of the celebrities wore dresses designed by Prada more than any other fashion house that year.
8. The most expensive red carpet gown during the fifties, was Grace Kelly’s mint gown from the 1955 Oscars, designed by Edith Head. It was worth 4,000 dollars.
9. The American Actress Demi Moore was the first actress ever and the only one to make an appearance on the Oscars red carpet in stretchy shorts (cycling-inspired) paired with a golden over-skirt.
10. The comedians, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, showed up on the red carpet all dressed up like Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth Paltrow. They walked on the Oscars red carpet in pink and green dresses, which reflected Jennifer and Gwyneth's most iconic looks.
11. At Oscars 2013, Anne Hathaway was about to wear the same dress as Amanda Seyfried, however, she changed it last minute to a Prada gown.