September 17, 2013 12:00 AM | by Amira Azzouz
Five Things About the Mary Katrantzou Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
I wait eagerly each season to see what the queen of prints Mary Katrantzou showcases on her runway during London Fashion Week. Mary Katrantzou's Spring/Summer 2014 collection was quite a hit and here are the five things to know about it:
1. Several pieces and looks at Mary Katrantzou's Spring/Summer 2014 collection were inspired by the famous oxford shoes or to be more specific included part of the print on them.
2. Though Mary Katrantzou designs the most unique clothes and prints, some people think she won't build on it for each new collection to be as big of a hit as the previous ones. However, she manages to prove them wrong and keep her track record of continuing to come up with even cooler prints season by season.
3. Mary Katrantzou is among the very few designers who can do a combination of both, artsy and wearable.
4. Colorful sneaker designs were spotted on some of the dresses and shirts.
5. I just loved the structured pieces, especially present in the last few looks.
Stay tuned to our daily coverage of London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014.