August 26, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
DIY Origami Paper Bookmark
Are you a book lover? Always looking for creative bookmarks to use? This DIY origami paper bookmark is quite fun and easy. You can even make it with your kids, and let them create their very own bookmarks to use for their bedtime story books.
What you will need to DIY origami paper bookmark:
- Colored thick sketch papers.
- Coloring pens.
1. Start by cutting the sketch paper into squares of 20X20 cm.
2. Now get a piece if square paper, and fold it into a triangle.
3. Fold the right corner to the center making another triangle.
4. Fold the left corner to the center making a third triangle.
5. Open up the two folded corners.
6. Take one flap of the center corner, and fold it to the bottom. Like that you just created a pocket.
7. Now re-fold the right and left corners, and tuck them inside the pocket.
8. Cut out another square that is 9.5X9.5 cm.
9. Place it inside the pocket.
10. With the sketch paper, create a set of teeth. Then glue them from the inside of the pocket, leaving the teeth peeking out.
11. Cut out of the sketch paper a triangle with a base of 14 cm and sides of 9.5 cm, and then glue it on the front triangle.
12. Now it's time to color your new origami paper bookmark with coloring pens.
Looking for another creative DIY? We've got a ton here!
Don't Leave Just Yet!