June 06, 2013 12:00 AM | by Simone Heng
DIY Sugar Body Scrub
This project is so easy and makes a wonderful affordable gift, it's also completely natural. The scrub can be used for rough feet with a peppermint fragrance or all over the body. Try citrus scented essential oil to wake yourself up in the morning. The raw sugar can be quite rough so I wouldn't recommend this scrub for face.
What you'll need:
Olive oil, blackboard sticker sheet, string, raw sugar, jar, essential oil with fragrance, cardboard tag, mixing bowl, spoon, Sharpie pen, gold metallic marker and scissors.
1. Mix sugar and olive oil in the mixing bowl.
2. Stir together the olive oil and sugar mixture until it forms a paste-like consistency.
3. Add an essential oil of your choice. You can use any fragrance like lavender or peppermint.
4. Mix this through again so the fragrance is equally distributed.
5. Add the mixture to a jar.
6. Using the blackboard sticker sheet, cut a rectangular label for the jar. Use the metallic gold pen and label the jar "Sugar Body Scrub," then write a message in the cardboard tag and attach this to the string around the top of the jar.
Your gift is complete!