December 21, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
DIY Typography Gift Wrapping
Restrain from the usual and get to know some cute DIY gift wrapping ideas using typography. Spread some joy by making your loved one a customized gift wrapping, that would really make them feel bad as they tear the wrapping paper apart. Who said maps and music notes are boring? Revamp the way you wrap the gifts and use either old music notes or maps to write your loved one's name or greet them in your own special way.What you will need:
- Music notes paper/map paper
- Plain wrapping paper
- Adhesive tape
1. Lay the plain wrapping paper on a table with a flat surface, and place the gift right in the center.
2. After placing the gift in the center, fold the wrapping paper surrounding it, so you can cover it entirely. Use the adhesive tape to stick the wrapping paper to the gift and make it stay in place.
3. After your wrap the gift, bring either the map/music notes paper and write the greeting/name of your loved one on it, with each letter separate and in a big font. If you don't wish to write directly on the paper, print out the name using your computer and cut out each and every letter and place it on the map/music notes paper.
4. After you cut out the letters, stick them directly on the wrapped gift, using glue while keeping them aligned.
5. Leave the glue to dry a little bit, then dress up your gift with a ribbon to finish it off.
Photo Credits: Bugsandfishes.blogspot.com
Looking for another creative DIY? We've got a ton here!
Have You Read These?