March 07, 2016 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
14 Empowering Quotes by Legendary Women
In honor of International Woman’s Day, we would like to shed the light over empowering quotes by legendary women. The quotes portray how these famous women have tried and are still trying, to empower women every day, to overcome their struggles in a world that sometimes suppresses them. To help highlight women's important role in our societies, click through and read these 14 empowering quotes by legendary women.
1. "I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life." -Oprah Winfrey
2. "I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life." -Hillary Clinton
3. "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman." -Margaret Thatcher
4. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." -Coco Chanel
5. "When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another." -Helen Keller
6. "If it is true that men are better than women because they are stronger, why aren’t our sumo wrestlers in the government?" -Kishida toshiko, Japanese feminist.
7. "I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to crate many ripples." -Mother Teresa.
8. "I don’t mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education and I am afraid of not one." - Malala Yousafzai
9. "Educate a woman and you educate her family, educate a girl and you change the future" -Queen Rania of Jordan.
10. "A woman caring for her children, a woman striving to excel in the private sector, a woman partnering with her neighbors to make their street safer, a woman running for office to improve her country- they all have something to offer and the more our societies empower women the more we receive in return." -Queen Rania of Jordan
11. "The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that...women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves." -Louise Otto, (Luise Otto-Peters), German feminist and the founder of the organized German women's movement.
12. "Men have singled out women of outstanding merit and put them on a pedestal to avoid recognizing the capabilities of all women." -Huda Shaarawi, Egyptian writer and women's rights organizer.
13. "I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too." -Elizabeth The First, Queen of England.
14. "I am from Britain, and think it is right that as a woman I am paid the same as my male counterparts. I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think it is right that women be involved on my behalf in the policies and decision-making of my country. I think it is right that socially I am afforded the same respect as men. But sadly I can say that there is no one country in the world where all women can expect to receive these rights." - Emma Watson, actress and UN ambassador.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?