October 21, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
20 Unforgettable Quotes by Oscar de la Renta
You will all remember Oscar de la Renta, the fashion mastermind, by his fabulous dresses. Fabulous is actually too light a word, gorgeous, graceful, elegant, the list goes on really, but my point is, I can't help but remember Oscar de la Renta's genius quotes. Whether it was on fashion or women, the man spoke words of wisdom. Here are a few of our favorite quotes by the unforgettable Oscar de la Renta.
1. Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.
2. I want to make clothes that people wear, not styles that will make a big splash on the runway.
3. I always say: To be well dressed, you must be well naked.
4. The qualities I most admire in women are confidence and kindness.
5. Walk like you have three men walking behind you.
6. Work hard. Believe in yourself. It's not the publicity that sells the clothes, it's the woman.
7. My job as a designer is to make a woman feel her very best.
8. Be the designer of your own destiny.
9. Every day you have to reinvent yourself.
10. Luxury to me is not about buying expensive things; it's about living in a way where you appreciate things.
11. Green is the color of hope.
12. I do not have one theme for each season. I just try to make beautiful clothes all year round.
13. There is no sound more feminine than a woman in a taffeta dress.
14. Now is the most exciting time in fashion. Women are controlling their destiny now, the consumer is more knowledgable, and I have to be better every single day.
15. I like light, color, luminosity. I like things full of color and vibrant.
16. Silk does for the body what diamonds do for the hand.
17. Online media is increasingly influential in fashion.
18. A woman makes an outfit her own with accessories.
19. Elegance is a discipline of life.
20. There is always an emotional element to anything you make.
We Recommend:Eight Simple Ways to Brighten Up Your Day