Many people prefer applying parquet floors in their homes. Parquet floors (aka wood flooring) match several interior styles from classic to vintage and even contemporary and modern. However, cleaning and maintaining parquet floors can be such a hassle. If you’re planning on having parquet floors or already own it, here’s the right way to maintain and clean parquet floors:
Tips to maintain parquet floors at home:
1. Parquet floors can’t tolerate humidity or water, so always make sure nothing is spilled on the floor, and if it happened, make sure you clean it quickly.
2. It’s best to avoid making bathrooms and kitchens with parquet floors, these two places are usually exposed to either a lot of heat or a lot of humidity.
3. If your house is really exposed to the sun, then you should put drapes to protect the parquet floors from the sun. Too much exposure to the sun takes away the shine of the parquet floors.
4. Don’t forget to decorate your parquet floors with some pretty rugs.
5. Please, when you move your furniture around, don’t push it around harshly. Get some help from another member, and raise it a little bit above the floor, so you don’t scratch your beautiful parquet floors.
And this is the right way to clean parquet floors at home:
1. Always keep parquet floors dust-free, by either cleaning with a vacuum cleaner or a broom.
2. Use a damp sponge or a piece of cloth to clean the parquet floors after dusting; you won’t need more than a damp sponge to clean the parquet floors. Just make sure to dry it quickly with another piece of dry cloth.
3. Avoid soaps and other cleaning detergents when you want to clean parquet floors, they can ruin it. If you want, there are special parquet floors detergents available in many stores. Parquet shine spray will keep your floors smelling great and shiny.