July 15, 2018 10:02 AM | by The Fustany Team
Leftover Rice Is the Perfect Ingredient for These 4 Delicious Recipes
Did you know you can freeze rice up to 3 months, without having to worry about it? It would be completely reusable with just a microwave. Now how much is this piece of information going to save your cooking life? We're guessing a lot!
Leftovers can be a wonderful thing, but they can also sometimes be a pain in the kitchen. They take up fridge space, you're bored of eating the same thing all week and you feel bad for throwing it away. Here are some ways you can make use of your heaps of leftover rice. These 4 rice recipes are completely different and adaptable to your preference. Next time you have some rice left over, open up this article and cook away.
1. Cheesy Bacon Rice Croquettes
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of beef bacon
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
1. Mix together well, with a spatula, the leftover rice, cooked beef bacon, cheese and eggs.
2. Dip your finger tips in water and roll the rice into medium-sized balls.
3. Coat the balls with bread crumbs.
4. Fry them until they're a nice golden color.
Enjoy the cheesy goodness. You can also make a salsa sauce on the side to dip it into.
2. Rice Pudding
- Cooked rice
- A pinch of Salt
- Preferred sweetener
- A splash of vanilla extract
- Preferred toppings
1. In a medium pot, pour in milk, enough to cover the rice completely and add some more on top of that. (The more milk you add the more loose it is, so adapt it to your preference)
2. When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer.
3. Add a pinch of salt and stir to make sure nothing's sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add your preferred sweetener, wether it's sugar, honey or even chocolate sauce!
5. Add the splash of vanilla.
6. Cook untill it's reached the consistency you like.
7. Keep an eye on the mixture, stirring for around 20 min.
8. Add your chosen fun toppings. (Mashed bananas, nuts, Nutella, etc.)
9. You can eat warm or put it in the fridge if you'd like.
3. Breakfast Fried Rice (Prep and cook time 10 min)
- 1 Tbsp of semame oil
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups of room temperature cooked rice
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
1. In a large skillet bring the sesame oil to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add 2 of the green onions and cook for around 2 minutes.
3. Add the rice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, bacon, crushed red pepper, roasted sesame seeds.
4. Stir well and cook until warm enough.
5. Over medium heat, add butter to a non stick pan. Crack the eggs and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the yolk is almost set and the whites are cooked.
6. Place your rice in desired bowls and place the egg over it.
7. Garnish with the third onion.
4. Brown Rice Salad with Avocado
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Soy sauce
- Ready made Teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup of chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced pickled ginger
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, sliced thinly
- 1 cucumber, sliced into cubes
- 1 lime
1. Add the soya sauce/water to the teriyaki sauce if you wish to adapt or change the consistency/taste.
2. Mix the rice, teriyaki sauce, cilantro, peanuts, ginger, scallions, cucumber and avocados. And juice of the lime and zest.
3. Transfer into a bowl and add some more cilantro garnish.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.