November 03, 2019 02:30 PM | by Salma Khattab
Halawet El Moulid/Candied Nuts Can Be Homemade and Affordable!
If you're just as shocked as I am at how the prices of Halawet El Moulid candies are CRAZY, then take a seat beside me, I'll tell you what to do. Who doesn't love at least one type of these annual famous tasty candy bars? Well, because of that, I brought you a must-try, quick, quite affordable AND yummy recipe for the your favorite crunchy candied nuts also known as Halawet El-Moulid. Don't miss it!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tsp of honey
- 2 cups of sesame (or any other nuts e.g cashews, peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts etc)
- Stir the sugar and honey very well in a deep pan on the cooker.
- After they get a thicker consistency, add the nuts and stir very well.
- Polish a surfaced pan/dish with vegetable oil.
- Add the mixture and flatten it with a dough roll.
- Let the mixture solidify/dry a bit for a few minutes.
- Cut into bars using a sharp knife then put the bars in the fridge to solidify.
- Enjoy your homemade delicious Halawet El-Moulid!
Main Image Credits: Cook With Manali