May 08, 2019 02:54 PM | by Mai Atef
Ramadan Iftar Menu: Mushroom Soup, Crunchy Chicken and Red Pasta Sauce
Crunchy Chicken Recipe
Image Credits: Instagram @snackchatnyc
- 1 kilo Chicken Filet Brests
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1 Tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Cornflakes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Corn Oil
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
1. Mix all the marination ingredients and rub the chicken with it, then leave for a couple of hours.
2. Whisk the eggs and add the baking powder. Once it settles, add the chicken.
3. Put the chicken in the mixture of breadcrumbs, flour and cornflakes, then leave it for half an hour.
4. Fry the chicken until it's golden.
Red Pasta Sauce
Image Credits: Instagram @giorgos_tsoulis
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1/4 a cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 3 cubes of chicken stock
- 3-4 oregano leaves
- 1 tsp of thyme
1. Boil the tomatoes, peel them and then blend them in a blender.
2. Chop the garlic and cook it with olive oil till it turns golden.
3. Add the garlic to the tomatoes. Also add 3 the tomato sauce and mix them all together.
4. Add the salt and sugar and continue mixing.
5. Add the thyme to the sauce and blend well, then put them in a pan on low heat to cook (you don’t need to add water for the tomato itself releases it's juice)
7. Observe until you can see oil on the surface of the sauce.
8. Add the oregano and cover the pan for one minute then taste the sauce.
9. Add the boiled pasta to the sauce and stir.
Mushroom Soup Recipe
Quinoa salad Recipe
- 1/2 broccoli head
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup of green beans
- 1/2 cup of coriander
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 of an onion (chopped)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 tsp of salt mixed with pepper
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1/2 a cup of fresh mint
1. Carrots are peeled and cut with broccoli and green beans, then put them in water to boil for 5 minutes till they get soft.
2. Quinoa is marinated with salt and pepper then cooked with vegetable broth on low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Mix all salad ingredients together and add cheese.
Halawet Al Gibn Recipe
Image Credits: Instagram @loolaaowda
- 500 grams of akawy or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of semolina flour
- 1 tsp rose water
- Pistachio for decoration
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk powder
- 3 Tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of rose water
1. Put the cheese in a water bath on low heat and stir till the cheese is soft.
2. Add the semolina flour and stir till it mixes with the cheese.
3. Add 1/2 a cup of oil till it mixes well with the cheese and semolina flour and they all become a homogeneous paste.
4. Add a small amount of oil to your hands, use them to spread the paste in a tray.
5. With a sharp knife cut them in squares.
6. Mix all the filling ingredients together.
7. Put the filling inside the square and wrap it.
8. Decorate it with pistachio.
9. You can also heat up some cream and serve it as a dipping sauce.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.